Hey there! I’m Jill. I’m a 28-year-old Tennessee native, wife, first-time mom, and home birth advocate.
Before I ever became pregnant, I learned all that I could about preconception health, pregnancy, home birth, and postpartum. I read books, watched videos, listened to podcasts, attended classes, and worked with an amazing midwifery team, birth doula and postpartum doula. I was fascinated by what I learned and I put in a lot of hard work before and during pregnancy to qualify for a home birth. We were blessed to welcome our son into the world right in the comfort of our home after a quick and efficient 7 hour labor! The experience was truly empowering and the main message I want to share with current or future mamas is this: birth can be so much more than the “horrible” or “painful” experience you have to endure before you meet your baby, and you have options!
It’s my mission to provide current and future mamas with helpful information and resources so they can love their pregnancy, prep their bodies and minds for labor, know their options and, and self-advocate.
Below are some topics I’ll cover:
- My 7-hour home birth story as a first time mom
- When things don’t go according to plan — our NICU story
- My exclusive pumping journey + tips
- Tips for boosting milk supply from an exclusive pumper
- Why home birth? My “why” to have a natural home birth, and why it might be a good option for you too!
- Things to do for an easier postpartum transition
- Preconception planning
- Books, accounts and resources I found helpful throughout pregnancy
- Body prep for birth + helpful workouts
- How I mentally prepared for a natural birth
- Chiropractic care throughout pregnancy + chiropractic care for newborns
- Foods I ate on the “avoid while pregnant” list, and why
- Finding a midwife + interview questions
- Finding a doula + interview questions
- Natural induction methods — what I believe helped me achieve an efficient 7 hour labor
- Placenta encapsulation (Yep, we’re going there!)
- Finding a postpartum doula + postpartum meal prep
- Things I will do differently for my next pregnancy
Image by Sarah Michelle Photography
Leave a Reply